Want to join our team?
We are looking for passionate and talented individuals who believe in the power of education. Come join us.
Send your resume to:
Marketing and Communications Manager >>
Summits is seeking a digitally savvy self-starter to join our team in Boston. The Communications Manager will guide the strategy for all communications, website, marketing, public relations and strategic partnerships in order to build and inspire the Summits community. Working closely with the Summits team in both Haiti and Boston, you will be instrumental in showcasing the impact of our work in Haiti.
As with any scrappy startup non-profit, this position requires a flexible, entrepreneurial team player who is willing to help with various other projects as needed. This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to get in on an early stage non-profit with big vision.
Who We Are
Summits Education operates a network of 40 primary schools serving nearly 10,000 students in Haiti’s Central Plateau. We believe access to a quality education is a human right. Together, we're building education systems in rural Haiti to meet the needs of the whole child.
Who You Are
Social Media Obsessed: You love social media and are constantly looking for innovative new ways to communicate, connect, and grow new audiences.
Deal-maker: You know how to seek-out, structure, and close strategic partnerships with brands, media outlets and press.
Creative Content Wiz: You have a proven track record of developing and executing a variety of content across social media and online platforms, including text, photo, graphics, and video.
Wordsmith: You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You are able to synthesize complex information into simple, clear written communications.
Design Minded: You are comfortable absorbing and executing a brand voice and have a keen eye for design.
- Strengthen and clarify Summits Education voice online
- Develop and execute an email marketing program
- Write and produce a pipeline of timely and compelling content for multiple audiences across all online channels including website, blog, email marketing and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium
- Translate high-level concepts and insights from our work into blog posts, articles, and social media messages in the Summits brand voice
- Identify new opportunities and appropriate channels for storytelling online
- Actively seek-out strategic partnerships with brands and media
- Create and maintain a timely and consistent content calendar
- Develop and execute social media strategy in new and existing channels
- Leverage social media to clarify and strengthen our messaging and expand our audience
- Build relationships with online influencers and foster a digital community
- Run targeted social promotions to increase engagement (Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords)
- Analyze and develop social media strategy
- Create and nurture new and existing partnerships to grow and reach new audiences
- Work with executive team to generate PR and thought-provoking media attention
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role (digital, content strategy, online marketing)
- Social media expert with knowledge of best practices across digital communication platforms
- Passionate about the Summits Education’s work with a demonstrated passion for issues of social justice
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: MailChimp, Google Docs, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Squarespace - experiencing using Adobe Creative Suite and video editing experience a big plus
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a small team
Applicants should send a resume and clever cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Content Producer >>
Summits Education is seeking an experienced videographer and photographer to join our team in Haiti. The ideal candidate is a creative, passionate, and driven storyteller with a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
The Creative Content Producer is responsible for developing the content that help drives our fundraising and inspires our community to support our communities in Haiti’s Central Plateau and beyond. Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of two months on-site. Travel, room and board is provided along with a monthly living stipend. This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to expand their portfolio and leave their mark on a new organization with big vision.
Job Location: Mirebalais, Haiti
Skills: Must be proficient in video production, filming, and editing. Must be able to meet deadlines and generate material on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
Who You Are:
Creative: Good lighting and great angles are your sixth and seventh senses. You find stories in the every day and love to capture moments, beautifully.
Punctilious: You're detail oriented and unafraid of deadlines. You know how to keep projects on track in order to reach targets and deadlines. You know how to cut and shape a narrative from mountains of footage.
A People Person: Not everyone appreciates a camera in their face. You know how to make friends and develop relationships.
Adaptable: We have a saying at Summits: "TIH - This is Haiti." Sometimes, things just don't go as planned. You have the patience and good humor that enables you to go with the flow.
Adventurous: You're willing to put yourself out there. Whether it's chatting to an audience on Snapchat or jumping on an ATV to visit schools in remote locations, you're always up for an adventure.
Self-Starter: You'll have the full support of the Summits team in both Boston and Haiti, but you have the drive and independence to seek out stories and take initiative.
- Develop compelling material to support fundraising efforts on social media and web-based platforms.
- Capture photos and videos of our programs in our primary school network.
- Interview and engage with teachers, students and donors to develop and produce captivating stories from our communities in Haiti
- Produce timely, bold and cutting edge multimedia material
Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of three months. Travel, transportation, room and board are all included.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to expand their portfolio and leave their mark on a brand new organization with big vision.
Please send resume and a portfolio to: email@example.com
Development Internship >>
Summits is looking for an intern for the Fall semester to help the organization build its fundraising capacity. Working from our Boston office, the Development Intern will assist the Director of Development with research, communications, and strategic planning for Summits' fundraising efforts. This is an opportunity to work on real projects that will help the organization grow.
Job Location: Boston, MA Hours: 15- 2 0 hours/week Start date: September, 2016 Who We Are: Summits Education builds education systems to transform the world's most impoverished communities. Summits operates a network of 41 primary schools serving nearly 10,000 students. Summits provides curriculum support, fair and consistent teacher compensation, and ongoing training and development for the teachers and administrators in our network. The centerpiece of our model is Summits Academy, a teacher training center and secondary school for high-performing students. The intensive training programs housed at the Academy will enhance our educators’ approach to classroom management, increase knowledge of key curriculum areas, and empower teachers to equip students with the skills they need to succeed and lead in their communities. In addition, the Academy will provide students with a holistic and competitive education. The first phase of Summits Academy construction is scheduled to begin in summer 2016.
Who You Are:
- Problem-solver: The bigger the problem, the better. You're known for your ability to creatively solve problems and get things done.
- A People Person: You're a team player and enjoy engaging with new people.
- Wordsmith: You have strong written and research skills.
- Independent: You don't need hand holding. You're a motivated self-starter.
- Empathetic: You have a demonstrated passion for issues of social justice.
- Detail oriented: You cross your t’s and dot your i’s. We are uncompromising in our commitment to nailing the details.
- Support the Executive Director and Director of Development with communications and planning for online fundraising campaigns.
- Manage Summits Expeditions inquiries and provide fundraising coaching and support to participants in the program. Summits Expeditions offers service learning trips to Haiti for people who crave adventure, meaning and impact in their travel.
- Support the Director of Development in managing donor database and donor stewardship.
- Support the Executive Director and Director of Development in the design, preparation and launch of a capital campaign.
- Research successful non-profit income-generation models
- Research partnership opportunities with relevant foundations, corporations, and benefactors
- Research potential donors
- Assist with copy editing of proposals and reports
- Collaborate with the communications team to build the Summits online community
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get in early on a non-profit with big vision. We work hard to cultivate a motivating office that ensures our growing team can perform to the best of their ability. We set targets, we celebrate success and we encourage each other to try new things everyday.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org